Treating Upper Respiratory Infection with Natural Home Remedies
Virus and bacterial is a threat to human. This disease is an example. Upper respiratory infection is an infection caused by either viral or bacterial in any of the components of a person’s upper respiratory tract such as trachea, larynx, pharynx and sinuses. In rare cases, this infection can also be fungal or helminth in origin.
Upper respiratory infection ICD-10 diagnosis code is J06.9. In case you do not know, ICD-10 is a shortened form of International Classification of Diseases Tenth Edition. This is the standard international diagnostic tool which is used by medical care to several medical purposes. Upper respiratory infection ICD-10 code is in Chapter 10, Section J00-J06.
Someone with upper respiratory infection is often weak and debilitated. Eating a balanced diet is so important for regaining the strength. Give these home remedies a try to treat your infection.
- Try to eat natural spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, garlic, onions, horseradish and roots like ginger. Taking ginger tea several times in a day will be the most effective natural home remedies to you. You can also add honey to taste and make it better. If you choose garlic, you can drink a combination of garlic oil and onion juice that are mixed in water. In addition, you can also consume garlic soup. These spices are good at building strength to ward off infections.
- You can also try to soak yourself in a hot Epsom every night. Epsom is believed as a great healing to this disease.
- The easiest one you can do is drinking carrot juice. There is the expectorant property in carrots that will eliminate excess mucus from the chest in coughs and colds. Choose the fresh carrot to make the best carrot juice to combine with honey daily.
- If you cannot deal with the taste of carrot, you can choose lemon juice to treat the upper respiratory infection. Take the one lemon extract and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water and consume it two times a day for a few days.
- Clove is another spice that is also a natural antiseptic to fight your upper respiratory infection. Clove can help stimulate blood circulation and increase the heat in the stomach. It also improves liver function. In this case (upper respiratory infection), clove helps clear the phlegm, fend off colds and other infections also.